A brief accounting of what runs through my mind on a daily basis.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two Days to D-Day

Well its Tuesday night and I’m ready to fly out tomorrow. Physically and mentally. Honestly I’m getting sick of what is fast becoming the status quo of being home. I’ve seen my friends here at home, made the necessary appearance on Grace’s campus, and now all that is left are half-formed plans with friends that keep falling apart last minute, leaving me bored at home. Here’s the kicker: Im going to be in Germany next week!
Yet all I can think about right now is who I’m going to be able to meet up with tomorrow or what obligations I need to fulfill. I know that this is one of the worst mindsets I can have and because of this knowledge I simply want to leave. To finally embark on this trip that I’ve been preparing for since May and get out on my own. In all, I’m ready to get out of Warsaw, to get out of Indiana, and to get out of the US. Sure I’ll miss some folks, but these two days before I leave will not make that any better, nor will I likely talk to those people all that much in these two days, its just how things go. Call me a pessimist, call it post-camp depression, I call it wanderlust. Being in Indiana is chafing me. I simply want to get out of here and get to someplace new, someplace where I don’t know what I’m going to find around the next corner, a place where I can wander, explore, and experience the people. For now I shall tell myself “Soon enough.” As I wrap this first post up I acknowledge Melissa Overmeyer, she is the one who convinced me to get a blog both through her blog and through telling me "Phil, you should have a blog," so if it stinks, yell at her. Peace.

3 comments:

  1. and if it's wonderful. all credit is due to ...moi. dont forget that phil!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG!!
    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also please do not be like "Oh Erica has a blog" You will quickly see from my profile that I had to do an assignment for class and pretend to be a teacher :)

    ReplyDelete